Please note that this forum is no longer in use and has been replaced by an online contact us form.

Be assured that the information service rendered by the EEA remains similar. Note that the content of this forum will remain publicly available until the end of 2020. After that we will archive it for internal use for a max retention period of 3 years. Any personal data will be deleted after this retention period.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service

Please login to participate.
Discussion
NH Feb 17, 2012 04:13 PM
Hello!

I've just downloaded the latest Natura 2000 shapefiles to use them in ArcGIS. When I try to visualize the original shape (which is ETRS89 LAEA projection) in WGS84 it has a spatial shift of 90 meters. I double checked the projection files and they are correct.
Later I tried to use your WMS service in Google Earth which has been projected to WGS84 by your service and it has the same error. Can you please check if everything is OK with the data or can you give me your parameters for the ETRS to WGS projection? Providing the data in WGS84 would be great as well.

Regards
Replies (1)
Gazy Feb 24, 2012 11:40 AM
Good Morning,

We are aware of the shift error and working on a new corrected release. It will come in production very soon.
We will send a tweet from our discomap account and post it on the website when it is ready.

Thank you very much for your feedback