– or –
Please login or register to participate.
sito Jun 07, 2019 07:38 PM
Replies (1)
EEA Jun 11, 2019 08:43 AM
Dear 'Sito',

Thank you for contacting the European Environment Agency (EEA) and for your concern for the state of the environment in Sant Antoni de Calonge.

The EEA produces reports on the state and trends of the environment in Europe in its attempt to improve the environment and move towards sustainability in Europe.

Please be aware that European environmental legislation is beyond the EEA’s working remit. The EEA neither sets nor enforces environmental policies and has no mandate for providing legal or technical assistance for complaints relating to environmental legislation, and no powers of investigation related to the issue you raise in your message. Unfortunately, therefore, we are not able to help you.

Under the Treaty establishing the European Community, the European Commission is responsible for ensuring that European Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the European Commission against a European Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law. However, to be admissible, a complaint has to relate to an infringement of Community law by a Member State.

You may contact the Directorate-General for the Environment of the European Commission directly http://ec.europa.eu/environment/contact/form_en.htm, or register a complaint at http://ec.europa.eu/[…]/complaints_en.htm. See also http://ec.europa.eu/environment/legal/law/complaints.htm.

Regarding your specific complaint, we suggest in the first instance to contact your local and regional authorities. Moreover, national non-governmental organisations may also be able to support you.

We wish you all the best in your endeavours.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service