Please note that this forum is no longer in use and has been replaced by an online contact us form.

Be assured that the information service rendered by the EEA remains similar. Note that the content of this forum will remain publicly available until the end of 2020. After that we will archive it for internal use for a max retention period of 3 years. Any personal data will be deleted after this retention period.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service

Please login to participate.
bkr1964 Apr 22, 2013 09:42 PM
in our backyard in Netherlands Enschede the Germans want to store 60million kg uranium oxide. Is this allowed under the EEA rules, Is there anything we can do against it ?
Replies (2)
EEA Apr 29, 2013 10:35 AM
Dear Bkr 1964,

The EU Commission has the responsibility of making new legislative proposals. These proposals are then adopted by the Council and the parliament, and implemented in the Member States by the national authorities. The role of the EEA is to supply all parties concerned with relevant environmental information.
The “Summaries of EU legislation” website presents the main aspects of EU legislation in a concise, easy-to-read and unbiased way. You can find the section on environmental legislation at:[…]/index_en.htm
DG Environment is the branch of the Commission responsible for European environmental policy and legislation. The homepage of the DG Environment is located at:

The European Commission is responsible for ensuring that Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the Commission against a Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law.
Anyone who considers lodging a complaint with the Commission is invited, before or at the same time, to seek redress from the national administrative or judicial authorities (including the national or regional ombudsman and/or arbitration and conciliation procedures available), because of the advantages they may offer for complainants. Internet and postal addresses of relevant national authorities can be obtained at:

At the following links, you can read more about European Commission infringement proceedings for non-compliance with Community law Principles.
Making a complaint:[…]/your_rights_forms_en.htm

Exercise your rights:[…]/your_rights_en.htm
bkr1964 Apr 29, 2013 10:55 AM
Already asked same question to Ministery of economic afairs Netherland, European committee for enviromental afairs, provincial government for economic afairs, City government of Enschede.