– or –
Please login or register to participate.
anpetersen May 01, 2014 11:53 AM
how to get some action on a serious public health risk of raw sewage in the street next to a school in St Johnston Donegal Ireland
local council planners estate owners not correcting long standing problem please help put pressure on someone to correct this before their is a illness outbreak
Replies (1)
EEA Feb 19, 2015 03:07 PM
Thank you for contacting the European Environment Agency (EEA). We are very sorry that so long time has passed since you wrote to us. Our sincere apologies!
Please be advised that the European Environment Agency has no mandate for providing legal or technical assistance for complaints relating to environmental legislation, and no powers of investigation related to the issue you raise in your email. So unfortunately we are not able to help you.
Under the Treaty establishing the European Community, the European Commission is responsible for ensuring that European Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the European Commission against a European Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law. However, to be admissible, a complaint has to relate to an infringement of Community law by a Member State. Complaints to the European Commission can be submitted via the following website: http://ec.europa.eu/[…]/make_a_complaint_en.htm
You may also contact the unit dealing with complaints in the Directorate General for the Environment of the European Commission directly at the following address:
Mr. Aurel Ciobanu-Dordea
Director "Implementation, Governance and Semester"
DG Environment
European Commission
200 rue de la Loi
BE-1049 Bruxelles
I hope this information may be useful to you.
Kind regards