Please note that this forum is no longer in use and has been replaced by an online contact us form.

Be assured that the information service rendered by the EEA remains similar. Note that the content of this forum will remain publicly available until the end of 2020. After that we will archive it for internal use for a max retention period of 3 years. Any personal data will be deleted after this retention period.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service

Please login to participate.
ghazwan Jun 11, 2012 03:17 PM
hi i have question regarding if there is any law/ regulation/ practice of conduct for car rust proofing shop that discharge to the sewer in europ
Replies (1)
EEA Jun 12, 2012 01:15 PM
Hi ghazwan

As you may know, the EEA produces reports on the state and trends of the environment in Europe. European environmental legislation is beyond the Agency’s working remit. The EEA neither sets nor enforces environmental policies.

DG Environment is the branch of the European Commission responsible for European environmental policy and legislation. The water section of DG Environment’s homepage is located at:
Questions regarding European water policies can be directed to:

The “Summaries of EU legislation” website presents the main aspects of EU legislation in a concise, easy-to-read and unbiased way. You can find the section on environmental legislation at:[…]/index_en.htm Specifically, you may find the following two directives relevant:

Protection of the aquatic environment against discharges of dangerous substances:[…]/l28017a_en.htm
Directive regarding priority substances in the field of water policy:

Since the individual countries are responsible for implementing EU policies, you may find it useful to contact the responsible national authorities in the countries of your interest. For practical examples on how EU legislation is implemented into national law, I suggest that you contact the national authorities in the countries of your interest. Relevant contact links to European national authorities can be obtained at:

I hope this information is useful to you.

Best regards