Please note that this forum is no longer in use and has been replaced by an online contact us form.

Be assured that the information service rendered by the EEA remains similar. Note that the content of this forum will remain publicly available until the end of 2020. After that we will archive it for internal use for a max retention period of 3 years. Any personal data will be deleted after this retention period.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service

Please login to participate.
ADunjic Jun 07, 2019 11:13 AM
Hello, I need help in finding the right contact for complaint about unsanitary company that is been polluting the place I live in. They are dumping waste and polluted water in local creeks and river, and distributing it throughout the villages. We are 90% agricultural place and they are been polluting our land with waste water full of metal, toxins and remains of animal feces. Ministry of Environmental Protection in my country is not quite interested to even check what is going on, even with pictures and videos of that farm/biomass power plant. That company is main financier of local municipality so they can get all kind of permission to do whatever they want. I need help in reaching someone who will care enough to try and help me with this problem.

Thank you very much
Replies (1)
EEA Jun 07, 2019 01:35 PM
Dear M. ADunjic,

Thank you for contacting the European Environment Agency (EEA) and for your concern of the state of your environment.

We would suggest you to address your regional authorities and national ministries about this issue, as they would be the best placed to assess the situation and take relevant actions. Nevertheless, if this proves inefficient, please note that you can always lodge a complaint with the European Commission against a European Member State on any measure, that is considered to be incompatible with Community law. However, to be admissible, a complaint has to be linked to a European Member State and relate to an infringement of Community law by this Member State.

If this is the case, you may contact the Directorate-General for the Environment of the European Commission directly, or register a complaint at[…]/complaints_en.htm. See also

The European Environment Agency is unfortunately not able to help in such situation since we do not have the mandate to provide legal or technical assistance for complaints relating to environmental legislation, and no powers of investigation.

We hope that this situation will find a suitable outcome.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service