– or –
Please login or register to participate.
bottlesirl May 24, 2017 12:40 AM
How do I enforce the local Council into taking action over a derelict site that they own? This would include removal of litter (also in the river) plus take action to tackle resulting rodent issue.
Replies (1)
EEA May 24, 2017 11:38 AM
Dear bottlesirl,
Please be advised that the European Environment Agency has no mandate for providing legal or technical assistance for complaints relating to environmental legislation, and no powers of investigation related to the issue you raise in your email. Unfortunately, therefore, we are not able to help you.

Under the Treaty establishing the European Community, the European Commission is responsible for ensuring that European Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the European Commission against a European Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law. However, to be admissible, a complaint has to relate to an infringement of Community law by a Member State.

Complaints to the European Commission (The Directorate-General for the Environment) can be submitted via the following website: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/contact/form_en.htm
See also http://ec.europa.eu/environment/legal/law/complaints.htm and http://ec.europa.eu/[…]/complaints_en.htm.

You may also contact the unit dealing with complaints in the Directorate General for the Environment of the European Commission at the following address:

Mr. Aurel Ciobanu-Dordea
Director "Implementation, Governance and Semester"
DG Environment
European Commission
200 rue de la Loi
BE-1049 Bruxelles

I hope this information may be useful to you.

Kind regards,