– or –
Please login or register to participate.
Discussion
mguillaud Sep 29, 2011 09:12 PM
Hello, I downloaded the latest release (version 15 from August 2011) of the Corine Land Cover 2006 vector data, and I see some inconsistencies in the location of Malta. The Corine data appears to be shifted by (roughly) 600m north when I compare to other sources (so far I tried Google maps, Openstreetmap data, and GSHHS - using QGis 1.7.1 to do the reprojection).
This seems to affect also the neighboring islands of Lampedusa and Linosa to some extent. The rest of the data (i.e. the bulk of the continent, including the south of Sicily which is not so far) looks fine. Is anyone else seeing this ? Could this be a problem in the data itself, or in the reprojection ?
Replies (4)
mguillaud Oct 13, 2011 07:28 AM
No answer ? Can no one check this ? Just load up the CLC data, superimpose data from another source, and look at Malta for instance...
EEA Oct 18, 2011 02:35 PM
Dear mguillaud, we are very sorry for not having gotten back to you on your enquiry before. Indeed, you are correctly pointing out an inconsistency in the CLC 2006 data set in the location of Malta. Further investigation is being performed as I write this answer, and possible correction to the data set might be performed. We will update you on this matter as soon as possible. Again, please excuse the late answer.
mguillaud Mar 04, 2012 11:29 AM
Hi, any information as to when the corrected data will be made available ?
EEA Mar 06, 2012 03:18 PM
Dear mguillaud
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We are aware of this issue and the corrected dataset should be made available in April as CLC v.16 (together with other CLC gaps filled).