– or –
Please login or register to participate.
Discussion
theritage Dec 09, 2015 08:04 PM
Dear the EEA forum,

I am using CLC 2006 data (Corine Land Cover) in ArcGIS for my undergraduate dissertation.

I have managed to successfully download the 100m resolution CLC data in TIFF format and open it in Arc. However, when I open the attribute table for this data, there is no indication of what OBJECTID represents what type of land-use.

The only visible columns in the attribute table are OBJECTID, Value and Count (i.e. no verbal description of what each type of land-use is). Thus, I cannot determine what types of land-use are more vulnerable to flood events (a key part of my research).

Is there anyone that can assist me on this topic, or knows how to solve this problem?

Many thanks,

theritage

Replies (5)
EEA Dec 18, 2015 01:11 PM
Dear theritage,

Unfortunately our expert on this topic is not available at the moment (due to the christmas holidays) to provide a response to your enquiry. Please note that the agency will be closed from the 24th of December until the 3rd of January. We will do our best to respond as soon as possible after the agency opens again on the 4th of January 2016.

Kind regards,
EEA Jan 06, 2016 02:58 PM
Dear theritage,

Could you please provide the link to the dataset version? This will enable our expert to provide an answer to your question.

Kind regards,
theritage Jan 15, 2016 07:09 PM
Dear EEA,

This is the dataset I've downloaded (100m resolution):

http://www.eea.europa.eu/[…]/corine-land-cover-2006-raster-3

Regards,

theritage
theritage Feb 06, 2016 07:51 PM
Dear EEA,

Do you have any update on resolving this problem?

Regards,

theritage
EEA Feb 09, 2016 03:13 PM
Dear theritage,

In a raster dataset there is no attribute table or derived statistic as such.
The file is a matrix of numbers. The values representing the classes are written in such matrix.

For the legend, you can use the file “clc_legend_qgis.txt” which is inside the zip file or the file “clc_legend.xls” included in the zip file as well.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,