– or –
Please login or register to participate.
GioSaboia Aug 20, 2019 09:21 PM
Initially, I would like to present myself. I am Giovanni, a chemistry student at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul. I am currently working on my undergraduate thesis. It consists in an environmental diagnostic of the production of dioxins and furans in solid wastes from Pulp and Paper Mills in Brasil.

Having said that, I would like to ask for some help. Could you mail me the regulations currently available in Canada regarding dioxins?
My sincere thanks.
Replies (1)
EEA Aug 21, 2019 11:19 AM
Dear M. G. Saboia,

Thank you for contacting the European Environment Agency (EEA).

The EEA is the European agency responsible for providing information on the European environment. The aim of the EEA is to ensure that decision-makers and the public are kept informed about the state and outlook of the environment. The EEA collects environmental data from the Member Countries, other EU institutions and international organisations. Based on this information, we produce reports on various environmental topics. If you would like to know more about what we do, please see: https://www.eea.europa.eu/, and note that all our publications are available electronically at https://www.eea.europa.eu/p[…]14=&c12=&b_start=0.

As stated above, our mandate is to collect environmental data from European Member States, thus legislation, especially outside the EU, is outside our working remit. We would suggest you to contact Canadian governmental bodies, such as the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, for further information on your research topic.

Wishing you all the best in your research.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service