– or –
Please login or register to participate.
kormend Mar 13, 2019 10:17 PM
Seeking information regarding noise pollution and waste management. The respected companies have won EU projects regarding dangerous waste disposal with significant financial help from the EU. The amount was nearly two million Euros. The agreement was to create safe and environmental compliance area considering residential health and safety. There are constant work within the residential area, where damages occur to human health and their houses. There are also two schools nearby to consider. We have contacted the local environmental agency who has done the noise searches for us however by the local PM influence they are delaying the written confirmation of the damaging numbers and wont issue the official documents. Their advise was to take the companies to court. However due to the local agreement between the companies and the town officials we have very little chance to address any rights we may have. We as well as the neighbourhood is collecting photographic and video evidence on all the hazardous materials they handle as well as the noise level their create. We would like to write an official complaints to EU environmental agency who can take appropriate action on the matter as regretfully this little hungarian town officials are too corrupt and their business model has been built on the EU finance project for their personal benefit rather than public interest.
your guidance on the matter is appreciated and i looking forward to address all the photos and videos accordingly.
Replies (1)
EEA Mar 15, 2019 02:38 PM

Thank you for contacting the European Environment Agency (EEA).

Please note that the EEA is the EU Agency responsible for providing information on the European environment. The aim of the Agency is to ensure that decision-makers and the public are kept informed about the state and outlook of the environment in Europe, based on environmental data collected from the Member Countries, other EU institutions and international organisations.

Kindly be aware that European environmental legislation is beyond the EEA's working remit. The EEA neither sets nor enforces environmental policies and has no mandate for providing legal or technical assistance for complaints relating to environmental legislation, and no powers of investigation related to issue you raise in your message above. Unfortunately, therefore, we are unable to help you.

We note in your message that you have contacted your local authorities. You may wish to be advised that under the Treaty establishing the European community, the European Commission is responsible for ensuring that European Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the European Commission against a European Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law. However, to be admissible, a complaint has to relate to an infringement of Community law by a Member State.

You may contact the Directorate-General for the Environment of the European Commission directly (http://ec.europa.eu/environment/contact/form_en.htm) or register a complaint at: http://ec.europa.eu/[…]/complaints_en.htm. More information may be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/legal/law/complaints.htm

We hope this information may be useful to you.

Kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service