Please note that this forum is no longer in use and has been replaced by an online contact us form.

Be assured that the information service rendered by the EEA remains similar. Note that the content of this forum will remain publicly available until the end of 2020. After that we will archive it for internal use for a max retention period of 3 years. Any personal data will be deleted after this retention period.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service

Please login to participate.
sundraw Jul 18, 2020 01:00 AM
Hi , below you will a find a video of the statement the Greek Prime Minister made while visiting Corfu regarding Project Cassiope.

The Cassiopi project is a project that aims at the deforestation of the Erimitis forest in Corfu in order to build tourist facilities . The locals have strongly protested the government choice , however the government aims to procced with the project as planned .

Please help spread the word . Maybe this reaches the appropriate ears and help preserve this beatiful ecosystem .

Here is the link - and since it's in Greek i while provide the general translation ( sorry cant add subtitles right now )

-At some point it will burn (the forest ) and then we will wonder if we had done things right . So i think, no i am sure , we are doing the right thing
Replies (1)
EEA Jul 20, 2020 02:49 PM
Dear "sundraw",

Thank you for contacting the European Environment Agency (EEA).

The EEA produces reports on the state and trends of the environment in Europe in its attempt to improve the environment and move towards sustainability in Europe.

Please be aware that European environmental legislation is beyond the EEA’s working remit. The EEA neither sets nor enforces environmental policies and has no mandate for providing legal or technical assistance for complaints relating to environmental legislation, and no powers of investigation related to the issue you raise. Under the Treaty establishing the European Community, the European Commission is responsible for ensuring that European Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the European Commission against a European Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law. However, to be admissible, a complaint has to relate to an infringement of Community law by a Member State.

You may contact the Directorate-General for the Environment of the European Commission directly, or register a complaint at[…]/complaints_en.htm. See also

I hope this information may be useful to you.

Kind regards,
EA Enquiry Service

Get your voice heard and participate to our stakeholders’ survey at

Don’t miss any information and sign up to receive our news notifications at