Please note that this forum is no longer in use and has been replaced by an online contact us form.

Be assured that the information service rendered by the EEA remains similar. Note that the content of this forum will remain publicly available until the end of 2020. After that we will archive it for internal use for a max retention period of 3 years. Any personal data will be deleted after this retention period.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service

Please login to participate.
pavla Oct 29, 2019 04:36 PM
Is there any environmental institution in European Union that can control or help in Slovenian Quarry Policy? I found no help here for the last two years while two big quarry locations in Slovenia are polluting air with Ammonium Nitrate explosives so much, that we have severe health problems since we live 800 meters close to this location.

Since there was nothing done in Slovenian Parlament on this subject nor any limited emissions that can be put in the air, I would like some contact from European Community to ask them for their help and their analysis (air measurement of Ammonia and other hamrful chemicals). My son also moved away since he couldn't breathe this air anymore, he got inflammed eyes, sinuses and lungs everytime he sleeps at home.

Please let me know, thank you, P.
Replies (2)
EEA Oct 31, 2019 02:27 PM

Thank you for contacting the European Environment Agency (EEA).

The EEA produces reports on the state and trends of the environment in Europe in its attempt to improve the environment and move towards sustainability in Europe.

Kindly be aware that European environmental legislation is beyond the EEA's working remit. The EEA neither sets nor enforces environmental policies and has no mandate for providing legal or technical assistance for complaints relating to environmental legislation, and no powers of investigation related to the issue you raise in your email. Therefore, unfortunately, we are not able to help you in this regard.

Under the Treaty establishing the European Community, the European Commission is responsible for ensuring that European Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the European Commission against a European Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law. However, to be admissible, a complaint has to relate to an infringement of Community law by a Member State.

You may contact the Directorate-General for the Environment of the European Commission directly, or register a complaint at[…]/decision-making-process_en. See also for further information.

However, we suggest in the first instance to contact your local, regional and/or national authorities. We have searched for the contact details of the Ministry of the Environment and Social Planning, who might be able to assist you. Contact details may be found here:

We hope this information may be useful to you.

Kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service