Please note that this forum is no longer in use and has been replaced by an online contact us form.

Be assured that the information service rendered by the EEA remains similar. Note that the content of this forum will remain publicly available until the end of 2020. After that we will archive it for internal use for a max retention period of 3 years. Any personal data will be deleted after this retention period.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service

Please login to participate.
nastos Jan 18, 2018 07:22 PM
Hi Team, I am concerned about air pollution in Serbia, specifically a village Klenovnik in Serbia that has been polluted by ash in the air from the nearby dump site of the thermal power plant(thermo elektrana Kostolac).They have been fined 2 times by the authorities but no changes were made. This dump site was going to be done by EU standards and received financing for it but nothing but big hole was dug up where all the ash is being dumped and when the wind blows it carries ash to all near by villages and towns. People are getting sick and having hard time breathing. This story aired on Serbian national TV([…]/klenovnik---selo-uguseno-pepelom.html)
I would like to know who to report this problem to and how, so something can be done asap. Thank you for the help in advance!
Replies (1)
EEA Jan 19, 2018 09:26 AM

Thank you for your interest in the European Environment Agency.

Please be advised that the European Environment Agency has no mandate for providing legal or technical assistance for complaints relating to environmental legislation, and no powers of investigation related to the issue you raise in your email. Unfortunately, therefore, we are not able to help you.

Under the Treaty establishing the European Community, the European Commission is responsible for ensuring that European Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the European Commission against a European Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law. To be admissible, a complaint has to relate to an infringement of Community law by a Member State. Complaints to the European Commission can be submitted via the following website:[…]/make_a_complaint_en.htm. See also[…]/complaints_en.htm.

However, since the concerns you raise deals with a non-EU member country, you may wish to contact the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), as it is a globally acting organisation addressing environmental issues. The UNEP's website is located at:

I hope this information may be useful to you.

Kind regards,