– or –
Please login or register to participate.
Rpalombella Oct 01, 2019 06:14 AM
Dear Sirs,
maybe i'm writing in a wrong place but I don't know other place.
The situation here is a drama.
Italy - Turin - Via Germagnano.
in the autumn and winter period, from 5:00pm, some people start to burn plastic and rubber during all the nigh. it is impossible to breathe, our eyes cry and burn.
we try to protest with our authorities and the actual Mayor, but the don't want to intervene. this happen from several years
can I ask you an help to solve this problem? Could do you give me some indication about what agency I can contact?

I thank you very much for your attention

here a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_pvBAYmMyM
Replies (1)
EEA Oct 01, 2019 01:15 PM
Dear Ms. Palombella,

Thank you for contacting the European Environment Agency (EEA).

The EEA produces reports on the state and trends of the environment in Europe in its attempt to improve the environment and move towards sustainability in Europe. Please note that European environmental legislation is beyond the EEA’s working remit. The EEA neither sets nor enforces environmental policies and has no mandate for providing legal or technical assistance for complaints relating to environmental legislation, and no powers of investigation related to the issue you raise in your email. Unfortunately, therefore, we are not able to help you.

Under the Treaty establishing the European Community, the European Commission is responsible for ensuring that European Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the European Commission against a European Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law. However, to be admissible, a complaint has to relate to an infringement of Community law by a Member State.

You may contact the Directorate-General for the Environment of the European Commission directly http://ec.europa.eu/environment/contact/form_en.htm, or register a complaint at http://ec.europa.eu/[…]/complaints_en.htm. See also http://ec.europa.eu/environment/legal/law/complaints.htm.

Regarding your specific complaint, we would suggest you to contact in the first instance your regional and/or national authorities. You might also consider contacting the Institute for Environmental Protection and Research (ISPRA), which might be able to guide you towards the territorial protection agency in your region. Please see: http://www.isprambiente.gov.it/en .

We wish you all the best and hope that a solution will be found.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service