– or –
Please login or register to participate.
terkap Jun 21, 2018 10:18 AM
Can the EEA do something for the dust pollution in a Romanian city (Brasov).
No chances to get some help from local authorities.
Replies (3)
EEA Jun 21, 2018 10:27 AM
Thank you for your interest in the European Environment Agency.

Please be advised that the European Environment Agency has no mandate for providing legal or technical assistance for complaints relating to environmental legislation, and no powers of investigation related to the issue you raise. Unfortunately, therefore, we are not able to help you.

Under the Treaty establishing the European Community, the European Commission is responsible for ensuring that European Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the European Commission against a European Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law. To be admissible, a complaint has to relate to an infringement of Community law by a Member State. Complaints to the European Commission can be submitted via the following website: http://ec.europa.eu/[…]/make_a_complaint_en.htm. See also http://ec.europa.eu/[…]/complaints_en.htm.
Moreover, national non-governmental organisations may be able to support you.
I hope this information may be useful to you.

Kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service
terkap Jun 21, 2018 12:44 PM
Thank you for the information!