Please note that this forum is no longer in use and has been replaced by an online contact us form.

Be assured that the information service rendered by the EEA remains similar. Note that the content of this forum will remain publicly available until the end of 2020. After that we will archive it for internal use for a max retention period of 3 years. Any personal data will be deleted after this retention period.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service

Please login to participate.
aligisan Apr 18, 2013 12:19 PM
A very controversial building of a chemistry factory (among others: insecticides) has just started in Poland despite the localisation in a protected environment.
How can the European Commission take action for such a breach, and who do i need to contact?
Replies (1)
EEA Apr 23, 2013 11:00 AM
Dear Aligisan,

The European Commission is responsible for ensuring that Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the Commission against a Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law.

Anyone who considers lodging a complaint with the Commission is invited, before or at the same time, to seek redress from the national administrative or judicial authorities (including the national or regional ombudsman and/or arbitration and conciliation procedures available), because of the advantages they may offer for complainants. Internet and postal addresses of relevant national authorities can be obtained at:

Should you consider introducing a complaint, it should be addressed to the competent service(s) of Directorate General Environment of the European Commission in charge of these matters, which you can also contact at the following address:

Mr. Brakeland,
European Commission
Unit, ENV.A.2- Compliance promotion, governance & legal issues
200 Rue de la Loi
1049 Bruxelles - Belgium

At the following links, you can read more about European Commission infringement proceedings for non-compliance with Community law Principles.
Making a complaint:[…]/your_rights_forms_en.htm
Exercise your rights:[…]/your_rights_en.htm