Please note that this forum is no longer in use and has been replaced by an online contact us form.

Be assured that the information service rendered by the EEA remains similar. Note that the content of this forum will remain publicly available until the end of 2020. After that we will archive it for internal use for a max retention period of 3 years. Any personal data will be deleted after this retention period.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service

Please login to participate.
rbicker123 Sep 01, 2020 02:13 PM
Hello, I hope that someone can help me. Do member EEA countries have specific governing bodies equivalent to the DVLA in UK? If so, where can i find this information? Additionally, are there ways to access the information - for example how would organisations such as Bla Bla Car and Uber access their drivers' records to pass them in terms of safety?
Replies (1)
EEA Sep 02, 2020 09:01 AM
Dear M. Bicker,

Thank you for contacting the European Environment Agency (EEA).

The EEA is the EU agency responsible for providing information on the European environment. The aim of the EEA is to ensure that decision-makers and the public are kept informed about the state and outlook of the environment. The EEA collects environmental data from the Member Countries, other EU institutions and international organisations. Based on this information, we produce reports on various environmental topics. The topic of driving licenses' recognition and records in the EU falls outside our competences and working remit.

You may want to consult the following webpages dealing with the topic or contact the European Commission for further information ( ):


With kind regards,

EEA Enquiry Service

Don’t miss any information and sign up to receive our news notifications at

Disclaimer: We are committed to reply to enquiries as promptly as possible and within 15 working days from the date of receipt of the enquiries