– or –
Please login or register to participate.
Discussion
CarlvD May 05, 2012 03:33 PM
Hello,
I’m a student in European Studies (political science) at the European University Frankfurt (Oder). I’m writing my Master thesis on the topic of EU agencies, with a focus on the EEA.
Could you provide me information on the history of the EEA and maybe the legal base of its creation?
Where could I get that information?
Thank you in advance,
Carl
Replies (1)
EEA May 07, 2012 02:19 PM
Hi!

Thank you for your interest in the European Environment Agency (EEA).

As you probably know, the EEA is the EU agency responsible for providing information on the European environment. The aim of the EEA is to ensure that decision-makers and the public are kept informed about the state and outlook of the environment. The EEA collects environmental data from the Member Countries, other EU institutions and international organisations. Based on this information, we produce reports on various environmental topics.

You can read more about the Agency on our webpage:
http://www.eea.europa.eu/about-us

On this page you will find a link to the regulation establishing the EEA, which was adopted by the European Union in 1990. You will also find links to information on the organisation of the Agency, how it is governed, how we work, who we work with, and much more.

If you have any further questions after having looked at these pages, feel free to get back to us and we will forward your questions to the most suitable in-house expert. Please be as specific and detailed as possible, so we can help you in the best possible way.

Good luck with your research!