Please note that this forum is no longer in use and has been replaced by an online contact us form.

Be assured that the information service rendered by the EEA remains similar. Note that the content of this forum will remain publicly available until the end of 2020. After that we will archive it for internal use for a max retention period of 3 years. Any personal data will be deleted after this retention period.

With kind regards,
EEA Enquiry Service

Please login to participate.
Discussion
pietromilanesi Jun 20, 2016 10:01 AM
Dear EEA,
I read your interesting Report “Quiet areas in Europe — The environment unaffected by noise pollution” and I wonder if it is possible to download in a GIS file format (vector or raster file) the whole map of Europe showing the Quietness Suitability Index (QSI).
I didn’t find a direct link on a download page on your Report, and so I decided to write to you.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Best wishes
Pietro Milanesi
Replies (2)
EEA Jun 22, 2016 03:25 PM
Dear pietromilanesi,

I have sent you an e-mail regarding your enquiry.

Kind regards,
skuehn Mar 04, 2019 03:14 PM
Dear EEA,
I have a very similar interest. We are trying to relate exposure to noise to affect and cognition data we have from different locations in European cities.
I would therefore be interested in using the Quitness Suitability Index map and also the Noise map (split for day and night as displayed here http://noise.eea.europa.eu/) in GIS file format (vector or ratster file). Is there a way to download and use this data for scientific purposes?
Best wishes,
Simone Kühn (Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Berlin)