– or –
Please login or register to participate.
rochap Sep 17, 2017 04:42 PM
Dear all,

I´m living in Portugal, specifically in Canedo, Santa Maria da Feira where a landfill is being explored recently (1-2 years). My house is about 2 km from it and it´s frequent to have the bad smells / odors. I do believe this is not acceptable and reasonable as the air quality is impacting the public health. Some complaints were raised to the national legal entities but I see no progress on them. Also I think the company ("Suldouro") who is currently exploring this waste management is not following the legal environment procedures. Can you please help / guide me on where to complain at European union level? Any other hints will be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Paulo Rocha; Phone: 00351966199678; e-mail: paulo.rocha@faurecia.com;
Replies (1)
EEA Sep 18, 2017 02:26 PM
Under the Treaty establishing the European Community, the European Commission is responsible for ensuring that European Community law is correctly applied. Anyone may lodge a complaint with the European Commission against a European Member State about any measure, which is considered to be incompatible with Community law. However, to be admissible, a complaint has to relate to an infringement of Community law by a Member State.
You can contact the Directorate-General for the Environment of the European Commission(http://ec.europa.eu/environment/contact/form_en.htm), or register a complaint at http://ec.europa.eu/[…]/complaints_en.htm).
See also http://ec.europa.eu/environment/legal/law/complaints.htm
You can also contact the unit dealing with complaints in the Directorate General for the Environment of the European Commission at the following address:
Director "Implementation, Governance and Semester"
DG Environment
European Commission
200 rue de la Loi
BE-1049 Bruxelles

Kind regards.