– or –
Please login or register to participate.

+

andrewwijaya Hello!

I am a student in Durham university

I read an article on the electric car -
http://www.eea.europa.eu/ar[…]rt-revolution-in-the-making

But there is no clear indication of who the author of the article is.

If I may quote this article, can someone tell me who the original author is?

Thank you for your time

Rating
Last discussed by andrewwijaya
Apr 20, 2012 05:20 PM
+

Kozuch Hello,

according to your licensing policy, all your data are eligible for use in commerdial derivatives. At this page:

http://www.eea.europa.eu/[…]/nationally-designated-areas-national-cdda-5

you say:
This information is from the European Common Database on Designated Areas established and managed collaboratively by the European Environment Agency, the UNEP-World Conservation Monitoring Centre and the Council of Europe, based on data provided by national sources

and also:
EEA does not have permission to distribute some or all sites reported by Austria, Bulgaria, Estonia, Ireland, Malta, the Netherlands, Romania, Spain and Turkey. Copyright has to be mentioned for Estonia, Finland, Germany and Slovenia.

My questlion: can I still reuse in commrecial derivatives vector GIS data from this page? especially following files:
CDDA_v9_points.zip (ZIP archive)
CDDA_v9_polygons.zip (ZIP archive)

I want to use this data in www.openstreetmap.org project.

Thank you for answer in advance!

Rating
Last discussed by EEA
Apr 16, 2012 10:44 AM
+

rcoward I am trying to access EEA data on consumption emissions of the EU states - previously found at http://www.eea.europa.eu/[…]/co2-emissions-caused-by-consumption but now it seems to have been made password only or not be there any more.
Where can I find this data on consumption emissions (embedded emissions)?

Rating
Last discussed by demarinis
Apr 11, 2012 04:23 PM
+

nandhakumar Thanking you for your reply and I would like to take this opportunity to tell briefly about our organization:

a) OUR VISION

To be the center of excellence to enhance the eco friendly life style in Sri Lanka.

b) OUR MISSION

Committed to educate and train the growing society by establishing, developing, implementing and maintaining appropriate environment related educational and training programs focused on both theory and practice in the institutional level island wide

c) OUR QUALITY POLICY

Developing and continuously improving the concepts of environment among the younger generation and gradually to the whole society to enhance their culture by means of encouraging the growing society to practice the fundamental steps to identify and achieve the essence of the concepts in the present by starting from the grass root level and enhancing their knowledge, skill and attitude through the appropriate education and training programs conducted in the national level by dedicated, enthusiastic professionally trained trainers in order to improve their self – discipline towards the protection of environment

d) OUR GOALS

i. To establish, develop and continuously improve the culture and concepts of environmental health, environmental protection, pollution prevention, green productivity, sustainable development among the younger generation and gradually to the whole society
ii. To encourage the growing society to practice the fundamental steps to identify and achieve the essence of the concepts in the present by starting from the grass root level and enhancing their knowledge, skill and attitude through the appropriate education and training programs conducted in the national level
iii. To engage in any and other charitable activities related to environmental protection and pollution prevention other than the education and training.

OFCOURSE WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF SEARCHING THE FUNDING AGENCIES BUT THE PURPOSE OF THIS FORUM IS NOT THAT.
FRANKLY SPEAKING I'M A SUBSCRIBER OF E - LATTER FROM EEA SINCE 2006 AND I SUBSCRIBED TO GET MAINLY EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION BECAUSE IN 2006 I WAS PREPARING SOME LESSONS TO OPEN UNIVERSITY OF SRI LANKA FOR THE FINAL YEAR STUDENTS WHO FOLLOW THE BACHELOR OF INDUSTRIAL STUDIES. AT THAT TIME I THOUGHT ABOUT WHY CAN'T WE WRITE SOME LESSONS TO SCHOOL CHILDREN IN ORDER TO CHANGE THEIR BEHAVIOURAL PATTERN TOWARDS THE ECO FRIENDLY LIFE STYLE WHICH WILL REDUCE THE ECOLOGICAL FOOT PRINT WITH TIME WHEN THEY GROW.
HOWEVER, IT WAS NOT MATERIALIZED DURING THAT PERIOD BUT IT WAS MATERIALIZED IN THE LATEST PART OF LAST YEAR AND AN ASSICIATION WAS FORMED WITH THE GOVERNMENT APPROVAL IN MARCH 2012 AND THE FOUNDATION ORGANIZING WORKS ARE IN PROGRESS.

OUR MAIN AIM IS TO CONVINCE THE YOUNGER SOCIETY

I SHALL BE OBLIGED IF EEA SUPPORT ME TO ADVISE ME AND MY TEAM REGARDING THE PREPARATION OF COURSE MATERIALS WITH CURRENT GLOBAL ISSUES

AS SRI LANKANS WE DID NOT CONTRIBUTE MUCH TO THE ECOLOGICAL FOOT PRINT BUT WITH TIME WE DO NOT INCREASE THE WEIGHTAGE WHICH WILL AFFECT OUR FUTURE IN SEVERAL WAYS. INCLUDING THE DISTRIBUTION AMONG THE MANKIND.

AGAIN I THANK EEA FOR THE OPPORTUNITY GIVEN TO ME FOR THE DISCUSSION IN THIS FORUM AND I WILL MEET TO DISCUSS ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATIONAL IMPROVEMENTS

N_NANDHAKUMAR

Rating
Last created by nandhakumar
Apr 02, 2012 07:10 PM
+

JTB Hey,
I wondering what are the definiton of primary treatment, secondary treatment and more stringent treatment for UWWT plants that you can find in informations like in this map
http://www.eea.europa.eu/[…]/uwwt-plants

I found this; secondary treatment = removal of organic pollution
and more stringent treatment = cover nutrient removal
but is't there any guidlines for how much the removal that has too be done?

And one more question, what differ the definitions above from Secondary treatment, primary treatment and tertiary treatment as you can find in pictures like this one http://www.eea.europa.eu/[…]/urban-wastewater-treatment? And can I get any values of the removal for tertiary treatment?

Very greatful for all answers
JTB

Rating
Last discussed by JTB
Feb 14, 2012 08:47 AM
Rating
Last discussed by EEA
Feb 08, 2012 03:13 PM
Rating
+2
Last edited by EEA
Dec 13, 2011 03:24 PM