The submission of enquiries to the Forum is closed from July 6th to August 31st 2017. We look forward to receiving your enquiry in September. If your enquiry is related to the right of access to documents as outlined in Regulation 1049/2001 regarding public access to European Parliament, Council and Commission documents, please contact access.to.documents@eea.europa.eu or see access to documents. We apologise for any inconvenience
Please login or register to participate.
Discussion
AJKress Mar 30, 2017 05:55 PM
“Dear Forum, I have been looking into trying to extract power plant level emissions from the EPRTR datasets. Does anyone have experience doing this? I am struggling to understand the connection between the FacilityID, the FacilityReportID, and the PollutantReleaseID. My interpretation from reading the IDs was that the EPRTR has not published new data on CO2 generation since 2004, but that seems hardly possible.

Essentially I want to match these datasets so I can see annual CO2 emissions for all the power plants (combustion plants <50 MW) on an annual basis for 2015 (or the most recent yet available). Any input on getting CO2 emissions from power plants from EPRTR data would be helpful though.”
Replies (2)
EEA Apr 07, 2017 02:21 PM
Hi,
I am sorry that we have not yet provided an answer, but we will get back to you right after Easter.
EEA Apr 19, 2017 03:12 PM
Hi,

The FacilityID is a unique identifier for each facility reporting under the E-PRTR Regulation in Europe. This ID is generated by the EEA on top of the NationalID used by member states during data gathering and their reporting to the EU level. The FacilityReportID is an identifier for each report provided by each of the facilities (identified by the FacilityID). So there can be multiple facility reports per facility. And even below that you have pollutant releases reported in each report for each facility. These releases can be identified via the PollutantReleaseID. None of these IDs can however be related to each other in MS Access.

Now in order to get the data you would like to extract I would in fact suggest you use data reported under the LCP Directive in combination with that reported under E-PRTR Directive. You can find the data here: http://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/data/lcp-2.

You need to link the two datasets via the NationalID I mentioned above in order to filter for the plants you would like to single out (via the LCP data) and then output CO2 emissions (from E-PRTR data).

Alternatively, you might want to just use LCP data and calculate CO2 emissions from fuel input data. All you need to do is to assume emission factors for each fuel type.

Kind regards